3 Electrical Myths: Residential And Commercial Electricians Near Me In Van Nuys And Simi Valley
Electricity is an important part of our daily lives. And electricity cannot be used without electrical equipment. And if these equipment get faulty and need to be fixed, electricians would be called to do a professional job and fix it, if you are living in Simi Valley and Van Nuys. And for those who are living somewhere else will normally call an electrician close by to fix it.
Electricity is a complex concept especially to those who have no idea what it entails. So it comes as no surprise that there are a lot of misconceptions and myths when it is involved because everything around is run by it: washing machines, phones and PCs, TVs, etc.
Here are 3 electrical myths that involve residential and commercial electricians near me in Van Nuys and Simi Valley:
1) Old wires can decay in walls! Myths are supposed to contain an element or iota of truth, but this is ridiculous. You would find it so if you know the truth. To start things off here, it is misleading as it is untrue. Wires do not decay in walls since the copper is coated with a good insulator that is supposed to withstand a significant amount of heat when overloaded. That is why the circuit breakers prevents such from happening.
Sure, when they are used for a very, very long time; the insulator could start to malfunction which will expose the metal. If this happens, the wire could start to decay which might cause minor electrical complications especially when it overloaded. In rare cases, the insulator could melt when overloaded due to heat at very high voltage. This will bare the wire.
However, you do not have to worry about this happening because that is one of the primary reasons circuit breakers are installed at homes: they prevent such incidents. Saw fuses on circuit breakers? Yeah, they prevent a spike in voltage from causing damage to electronics or an overload.
That is why you called in electricians to fix problems with circuit breakers when they get faulty to get them working properly if you are living in Van Nuys and Simi Valley of course.
2) Low voltage shocks are not dangerous and could not cause serious injury. It would do more good to lead with this: be afraid of low voltages as you would when it involves high voltages especially when it involves alternating current voltage.
Generally speaking, prevention is better than cure, if you are not killed by it on the spot. So, if you are touching a metal object that have direct contact with a non-wooden floor or if you are not putting a shoe on and using bare foot to walk a non-wooden floor; you could get killed by a low voltage alternating current. And do not underestimate the effects of a battery above 15v: it could also be unsafe if abused especially by kids. That is why electricians should be in charge of all electrical related matters.
3) All rubber gloves are good insulators: this is not true. Rubber gloves that are made of pure rubber are the ones that are accepted as good insulators. If you are wondering whether all rubber is not made of pure rubber, you should think no further. This is the answer to your question: most rubber gloves are made of mixed materials which could be easily identified by residential and commercial electricians near me in Van Nuys and Simi Valley.
This will be a compromise no the efficiency of the rubber glove to act as a protection against electricity as some of those materials those 'rubber gloves' are made of are electrical conducive. This will make them unsuitable, apparently. So you need to be sure that the glove you are using is made up of pure rubber. If it is not, it will be dangerous to go near a 110v circuitry.
Residential And Commercial Electricians Near Me In Van Nuys And Simi Valley